When it comes to planning for your retirement, wouldn’t it be reassuring to know you have everything in place to enjoy a long and comfortable retirement? An imperative part of that is sorting out the right pension. That’s because we can no longer expect the State to provide you with a large enough pension when you retire. Even if you are blessed with a solid company pension scheme, is it going to be enough to enjoy all the things you would like to do in retirement? Sadly, the answer for most people is no. We have a massive savings gap across the whole of Europe when it comes to saving for retirement. People are living longer and saving less. There has never been a more important time to seek pensions advice.
But where do you turn for advice? How do you know what options are open to you? How can you find a pension that’s right for you, affordable and will perform how you hope?
We understand these issues and concerns. Before we make any recommendations, we will look at your current arrangements and consider the different options available to you. We will explain why we are recommending a particular product and why it’s right for you, and all at your convenience.
Whether you consider yourself as cautious, adventurous or somewhere in between, and if you’re a new or experienced investor, we can provide an appropriate solution based on your own circumstances.
Security, freedom, independence. They make for a happy retirement. We are here to help you try and achieve this.
We can offer advice on defined contribution pensions and also the transfer of safeguarded benefits such as final salary.
We are proud to say we meet the criteria to achieve the Pension Transfer Gold Standard.
The Pension Transfer Gold Standard seeks to give Defined Benefit pension holders confidence when they are considering transferring out of a scheme. The nine core principles of the Pension Transfer Gold Standard are:
- Helping clients understand when advice is appropriate
- Ensuring advice given supports the clients’ overall wellbeing in the context of their stated objectives
- Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of all charges
- Ensuring the most appropriate and updated technical skills are applied
- Transparent management of Conflicts of Interest
- Helping clients understand the cost of transferring benefits
- Avoiding unregulated investments and introducers
- Transparency in advice processes and outcomes
- Promoting the Consumer Guide to the Pension Transfer Gold Standard
Firms that adopt the Pension Transfer Gold Standard must:
- Have regulatory permissions for provisions or pension transfer advice. Therefore, we have demonstrated high levels of the financial and technical knowledge required to appropriately advise on pension transfers.
- Not currently be under any form of ongoing regulatory sanction by the regulator or accredited body in this field of advice. You can, therefore, rest assured that we operate to the highest standards.
- Have adopted all the principles of the Pension Transfer Gold Standard without exception
More detail about the standard can be found here:
The value of investments and any income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the original amount invested